In 1943, following the acquisition of Salmons & Sons Limited by its manager, Ian Boswell, from the last retiring members of the Salmons family, the company was renamed Tickford Limited, adopting the well-established Tickford marque. A significant milestone followed in January 1955 when the business was acquired by David Brown, who had already purchased Aston Martin in 1947 and Lagonda in 1948, both prestigious brands with longstanding connections to Tickford coachwork.

 

Shortly after the acquisition, Brown relocated Aston Martin’s operations to the Tickford Street site in Newport Pagnell. The facility remained the home of Aston Martin production for more than five decades, until manufacture of the original Vanquish concluded in 2006. Production then transferred to the company’s purpose-built headquarters and manufacturing facility at Gaydon, marking the end of an era for vehicle production at Newport Pagnell.